Assets of financial institutions [B1]
Dataset has 6 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
- Assets; RBA
- Assets; RFCs; Finance companies and general financiers
- Assets; RFCs; Money market corporations
- Assets; Banks
- Assets; RFCs; Total
- Assets; Unconsolidated; Statutory funds of life insurance offices; Superannuation
- B1 ASSETS OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
- This statistical table brings together aggregate data for banks, corporations covered by the Financial Sector (Collection of Data) Act 2001 (known as Registered Financial Corporations (RFCs)) and other significant parts of the financial sector for which aggregate data are published by the RBA and APRA. RFCs also include securitisers: special-purpose vehicles that issue securities backed by pools of assets (e.g. residential mortgage-backed securities) and conventional finance companies that engage in balance sheet lending.
- Care should be exercised in drawing conclusions about relative sizes and rates of growth of institutions because of the different nature of their activities and different coverage of the various data collections. Coverage of some series changes over time: in recent years aggregates for individual groups have been significantly affected by sales of assets to and from reporting entities, reclassification between RFC categories and changes to reporting forms. The data are revised retrospectively where required, generally based on revisions by reporting entities and changes in statistical methodology. Data are not adjusted for series breaks.
Dimensions codes and labels
- [Q] Quarterly
- [billion] $ billion