Lending to business – business finance outstanding by business size and industry [D14.1]
Dataset has 64 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Mining
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Manufacturing
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Electricity, gas, water and waste services
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Residential building construction
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Non-residential building construction
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Other construction
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Wholesale trade
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Retail trade
- Business; Outstanding; Large business; Accommodation and food services
Showing results 1 - 10 / 64
- D14.1 LENDING TO BUSINESS – BUSINESS FINANCE OUTSTANDING BY BUSINESS SIZE AND INDUSTRY
- Data are compiled based on monthly returns collected by APRA from banks and registered financial corporations that have $2 billion of business credit or more. This threshold captures over 95 per cent of total business credit.
- Data are subject to series breaks relating to changes in institution reporting and changes in the sample of reporting institutions. Data are not break adjusted.
- 'Outstanding' is the total outstanding business finance of each lender participating in the Economic and Financial Statistics (EFS) collection and measures the value of lending to resident non-related businesses. Lending includes loans, finance leases and bill acceptances. It excludes reverse repos.
- A business is classified as small if the reporting entity has exposure to the business of less than $1 million and the business has turnover of less than $50 million. A business is classified as medium if the reporting entity has exposure to the business of $1 million or more and the business has turnover less than $50 million. A business is classified as large if it has a turnover of $50 million or more. 'Exposure' refers to all liabilities that a borrower has owing to the reporting entity.
- Industry categories are presented by ANZSIC division. Division E Construction is split into 301 Residential Building Construction, 302 Non-Residential Building Construction and Other Construction (31 Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction and 32 Construction Services).
- Series for lending to large businesses in Public Safety and Administration, and Other Services are unavailable for publication but included in the totals where applicable.
- For definitions and inclusion criteria for each series, please see Australian Reporting Standard ARS 742.0, available at https://www.apra.gov.au/sites/default/files/ars_742.0_absrba_business_credit_stocks_flows_and_interest_rates_1_0.pdf.
- Figures have been rounded and discrepancies may occur between sums of the component items and totals.
- Series excluding selected financials exclude lending to authorised deposit-taking institutions, registered financial corporations, central borrowing authorities, and the Reserve Bank of Australia.
Dimensions codes and labels
- [M] Monthly
- [$-million] $ million