Lending to business – business finance outstanding by business size and interest rate type [D14]
Dataset has 13 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
- Business; Outstanding; Small business; Total
- Business; Outstanding; Small business; Total excluding lending to selected financials
- Business; Outstanding; Small business; Variable rate
Showing results 11 - 13 / 13
- D14 LENDING TO BUSINESS – BUSINESS FINANCE OUTSTANDING BY BUSINESS SIZE AND INTEREST RATE TYPE
- Data are compiled based on monthly returns collected by APRA from banks and registered financial corporations that have $2 billion of business credit or more. This threshold captures over 95 per cent of total business credit.
- Data are subject to series breaks relating to changes in institution reporting and changes in the sample of reporting institutions. Data are not break adjusted.
- 'Outstanding' is the total outstanding business finance of each lender participating in the Economic and Financial Statistics (EFS) collection and measures the value of lending to resident non-related businesses. Lending includes loans, finance leases and bill acceptances. It excludes reverse repos.
- A business is classified as small if the reporting entity has exposure to the business of less than $1 million and the business has turnover of less than $50 million. A business is classified as medium if the reporting entity has exposure to the business of $1 million or more and the business has turnover less than $50 million. A business is classified as large if it has a turnover of $50 million or more. 'Exposure' refers to all liabilities that a borrower has owing to the reporting entity.
- For definitions and inclusion criteria for each series, please see Australian Reporting Standard ARS 742.0, available at https://www.apra.gov.au/sites/default/files/ars_742.0_absrba_business_credit_stocks_flows_and_interest_rates_1_0.pdf.
- Figures have been rounded and discrepancies may occur between sums of the component items and totals.
- Series excluding lending to selected financials exclude lending to authorised deposit-taking institutions, registered financial corporations, central borrowing authorities, and the Reserve Bank of Australia. Series excluding lending to selected financials are only available for total small, medium and large business lending. They are unavailable for residentially-secured lending, fixed-rate lending or variable-rate lending.
Dimensions codes and labels
- [M] Monthly
- [$-million] $ million