Bank lending classified by sector [D5]
Dataset has 11 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
- Commercial lending; Financial intermediaries
- Commercial lending; Business sector
- Commercial lending; Total
- Lending to government; Other
- Lending to government; Public sector securities
- Lending to government; Total
- Lending to persons; Housing; Investors
- Lending to persons; Housing; Owner-occupiers
- Lending to persons; Other personal; Fixed loans
- Lending to persons; Other personal; Revolving loans
Showing results 1 - 10 / 11
- D5 Bank Lending Classified by Sector
- Financial aggregates are compiled by the RBA using data primarily supplied by authorised deposit-taking institutions (ADIs) and non-ADIs. The data for the levels of financial aggregates in Table D5 are for banks and not adjusted for series breaks.
- Historical levels and growth rates for the financial aggregates are often revised owing to the resubmission of data by some financial intermediaries, the re-estimation of seasonal factors and the incorporation of securitisation data. The RBA credit aggregates measure credit provided by financial institutions operating domestically. They do not capture cross-border or non-intermediated lending.
- From July 2019, the financial aggregates are compiled using an improved conceptual framework and a new data collection. This is referred to as the Economic and Financial Statistics Collection. Various movements from the June 2019 to July 2019 reporting periods are sizable, in part because the new data collection more consistently classifies loans according to their purpose. For more information, see Updates to Australia’s Financial Aggregates (available at <https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/bulletin/2019/mar/updates-to-australias-financial-aggregates.html>).
Dimensions codes and labels
- [M] Monthly
- [billion] $ billion