MONTHLY ACTIVITY INDICATORS [H3]
- Updated by DBnomics on
- August 14, 2019
Dataset has 9 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
Private dwelling approvals trend
Motor vehicle sales
Private dwelling approvals
Private non-residential building approvals
Retail sales trend
Year-ended retail sales growth
- H3 MONTHLY ACTIVITY INDICATORS
- ‘Retail sales’ data are from ABS Cat No 8501.0. The data exclude motor vehicle dealers and petrol sales, but include non-petrol sales of identified convenience stores of petrol stations.
- ‘Motor vehicle sales’ include passenger vehicles, sports utility vehicles, vans, trucks and buses. Sales of motorcycles are not included. The publication of motor vehicle sales (ABS Cat No 9314.0) ceased after the December 2017 issued on 16 January
- 2018. For further information, please visit Sales of New Motor Vehicles, Australia or contact the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- The private dwelling approvals data are from ABS Cat No 8731.0.
- The ‘Westpac-Melbourne Institute consumer sentiment index’ is transformed so that its average since 1980 is 100. Data prior to 2010 are available from the Melbourne Institute.
- The NAB business conditions index is expressed in seasonally adjusted terms and relative to its average since 1997.
- The 'private non-residential building approvals' data are expressed in current prices and are non-seasonally adjusted. The data are from ABS Cat No 8731.0.
Dimensions codes and labels
- [M] Monthly
- [$-million] $ million
-  '000
- [index] Index
- [per-cent] Per cent
- [percentage-points] Percentage points