Labour costs and productivity [H4]
Dataset has 10 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
- Year-ended non-farm average earnings per hour growth
- Non-farm labour productivity per hour
- Year-ended non-farm labour productivity per hour growth
- Year-ended non-farm unit labour costs growth
- Quarterly private sector wage growth
- Year-ended private sector wage growth
- Quarterly public sector wage growth
- Year-ended public sector wage growth
- Quarterly wage growth
- Year-ended wage growth
- H4 LABOUR COSTS AND PRODUCTIVITY
- The wage price index data are from ABS Cat No 6345.0. The ‘Wage price index’ measures the change in the hourly rate of pay for a fixed basket of ‘constant quality’ jobs. These series record the change in total pay exclusive of bonuses.
- ‘Non-farm nominal unit labour costs’ is calculated as non-farm labour costs per hour divided by non-farm productivity per hour, where non-farm labour costs per hour is non-farm average earnings per hour (as defined below) adjusted for payroll taxes, employment subsidies and the hourly labour costs of self-employed workers. The data are from ABS Cat No 5206.0.
- ‘Non-farm average earnings per hour’ is calculated as non-farm compensation of employees divided by total employee hours worked. This series only measures average earnings per hour for employees, and therefore excludes self-employed workers. The data are from ABS Cat No 5206.0.
- ‘Non-farm labour productivity’ is calculated as chain volume non-farm GDP divided by non-farm aggregate hours worked. The index is referenced to 100.0 for the financial year 2018/2019. The data are from ABS Cat No 5206.0.
Dimensions codes and labels
- [Q] Quarterly
- [index] Index
- [per-cent] Per cent