Us dollar exchange rates and gold price [F12]
Dataset has 7 series. Add search filters to narrow them.
- US dollar against the Canadian dollar
- US dollar against the euro
- Gold price
- US dollar against the Japanese yen
- US dollar against the Swiss franc
- US dollar trade-weighted index
- US dollar against the UK pound sterling
- F12 US DOLLAR EXCHANGE RATES AND GOLD PRICE
- All exchange rates are a snapshot taken from Thomson Reuters at 4pm Sydney time. The rates are indicative only and may differ from those quoted by foreign exchange dealers and other market sources.
- The 'US dollar Trade-weighted index’ is an index, calculated by the Federal Reserve, of the weighted-average exchange rate of the US dollar against the major international currencies. It comprises the currencies of the euro area, Australia, Canada, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. March 1973=100. The data are sourced from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Federal Reserve Statistical Release ‘Foreign Exchange Rates – H.10’. The time series is constructed by using DTWEXM (available from the Federal Reserve website) prior to 2006. After 2006, DTWEXAFEGS (also available from the Federal Reserve website) is spliced to the earlier DTWEXM index.
- The ‘Gold’ price is the Gold Fixing Price 3:00 P.M. (London time) in London Bullion Market as sourced from ICE Benchmark Administration Limited (IBA) via the Federal Reserve website. <https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GOLDPMGBD228NLBM>.
Dimensions codes and labels
- [M] Monthly
- [canadian-dollars-per-us-dollar] Canadian dollars per US dollar
- [euros-per-us-dollar] Euros per US dollar
- [francs-per-us-dollar] Francs per US dollar
- [index-march-1973-100] Index, March 1973 = 100
- [pounds-sterling-per-us-dollar] Pounds sterling per US dollar
- [us-dollars-per-troy-ounce] US dollars per troy ounce
- [yen-per-us-dollar] Yen per US dollar